Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Well that didn't last long...

...keeping up with this blog I mean.  My hopes, plans, intentions for a new career and a fresh start, have been on hold due to circumstances and obstacles outside of my realm of control.  I have been on a roller coaster of stress, renewed optimism, hard let downs, weight gain, frantic desperation, lather-rinse-repeat for the last 5 months exactly today. As a result, I have not felt like blogging much of anything.  Can you blame me?

I've only just within this past week, begun to creep out from under my rock and do little things like check my months old twitter messages and maybe let one or two people know I'm still alive.  When things go wrong in my world, I tend to go on social lock-down.  It's sort of involuntary and difficult to break out of once in.  I log out of everything and just disappear for a while.  I guess it's my coping mechanism *shrugs*.

In the meantime, I've gotten quite tired of spending hours upon hours EVERY single morning combing job postings for jobs I don't-really-want-but-feel-desperate-enough-to-apply-for-despite-only-partially-fitting-the-qualifications, and do something conducive to my on-hold-indefinitely-but-still-not-given-up-entirely hopes of breaking into graphic/web design sometime in the next decade.  I've decided to hit the tutorials at least a couple times a week and take a break from my demoralizing and fruitless search.  If I don't, I'll go mad.

Today, I did a tutorial by graphic designer, Tyler Denis, listed by DesignModo.com as one of  many in a Fresh & Impressive Collection of Photoshop Tutorials.

Funky Retro Wavy Text Effect

I hadn't eaten breakfast yet and I was waiting for a call so I was too distracted to put my own spin on the text/design and just ended up following the directions word for word with the exception of the font (because I didn't feel like downloading it right then).  Here's what I came up with...






That's all for today.  I'll be back, whenever the hell I feel like it I suppose =)

No comments:

Post a Comment