Friday, March 11, 2011

My Scion Rock Fest 2011 look & UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion Review/lovefest...

First of all, please forgive the HORRIBLE picture quality but I had to share this look because it looked so neat...it's too bad the picture didn't do it justice =/

This year, we went to the Scion Rock Fest in Pomona (aka Scion A/V Metal).  Never heard of it before but my fiance's brother really wanted to go so we decided to check it out.  I pretty much left my metal days behind in high school so I wasn't altogether looking forward to going but in the end, it was a fun time.  

Dressing up was definitely fun because I'd had a cut up Pantera t-shirt sitting in my closet for years and no place to wear it to until Saturday.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the outfit and the makeup early BECAUSE I am the type of goober who always has a camera phone and a regular camera in her purse, but rarely remembers to use either of them.  I could kick myself too because I really wanted to get a pic of me and my hubby at the festival but I forgot to do that too, dumb.  The festival was an ALL day thing so by the time I got around to taking at least 1 picture, it was at 2am, with an iPhone, and literally about 5 minutes before I passed out into a mild coma.  And here it is...



I did what I could to bring out the colors but this is the best it's going to get for now. For anybody interested, the product list is as follows:

Face
Foundation: Bare Minerals 2G Golden Medium Matte
MAC Blush: Coppertone and Peaches
Highlight: NARS Illuminator in Orgasm
All over: MAC Fix+ Spray

Eyes
Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
MAC Pigment:  Golden Lemon
MAC ES: Vanilla, Saddle, Goldenrod, Gesso, and Carbon
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners: Zero, Bourbon, and Honey
MAC Fluidline gel liner: Blacktrack
Lashes: MAC Prep+Prime Lash, Blinc tube mascara

Lips
Softlips Vanilla chapstick...which they made me throw away at the Fox Theatre so I'm glad I didn't bring anything expensive.

On to the review/lovefest.  Like I said at the beginning of the post, this picture was taken around 2am AFTER spending nearly the entire day outside, queueing in the sun and walking from venue to venue. Not to mention sweating inside the dank stuffy venues themselves.  I finsihed applying my makeup at noon and we didn't get home till after 1am.  Bad picture quality aside, there was little to no fading, no greasy creasing, and no smudging.  I was so exhausted I didn't even wash my face before bed (yuck I know), and most of the eyeshadow was still in place when I woke up late the next day.  If you need any more proof that Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion is everything they claim it is, then I don't know what to tell you.  

I'm off, errands await.

No comments:

Post a Comment