Thursday, March 10, 2011

Photoshop frenzy...

I'm definitely on a photoshop kick right now that I've decided to step back from the job search for a minute.  I had to, it was driving me out of my mind.  The money situation is not quite so desperate yet that I'm ready to just go find a minimum wage job wherever they'll take me...but I was feeling desperate enough to just have a job at all, that I almost did exactly that.  I'm not ready to resort to my last resort yet so I'm taking a break and clearing my head with some solid photoshop practice. 

Here's another tutorial I started last week and just got around to finishing yesterday.  Altogether, it didn't take very long at all but it was a busy weekend and then of course I got sidetracked with the road cone from the previous post.  Here's what I got by following the pshero tutorial:

Modern 3D Text Effect ...



It was one of the better written tutorials I've tried.  Clear, understandable, and very noob friendly. It's spot on DesignModo.com's  Fresh & Impressive Collection of Photoshop Tutorials, is well deserved.  And it gave me a chance to play with Illustrator a little bit as well which I've admittedly been a little intimidated by for a long time and often shied away from in the past.  I will master it eventually but I haven't had the best experiences with Illustrator tutorials in the past so I became pretty unmotivated to spend what little free time I had, searching for good ones.  Well the days still aren't long enough but I definitely have more time than I did while employed so consider me now motivated hehe.  Anyway, this link is definitely going in the Illustrator folder for further future reference.

I may or may not have another makeup look post later...it depends on how clear the picture came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment